C4 Forums | Control4

Cannot access PC hard drive mp3 files

Composer ME 1.7.4.36 cannot access mp3 files on PC running XP

Get error message:

The device you are trying to access appears to be offline. Check its connections and try again.

I can view files on controller through IP address from PC

I can view files on PC from ME when I click import playlist

I can view files from PC network places and play the 10-12 mp3 files stored in the media/net folder

I can't see, any mp3 files. When I scann or add I get above error message.

Driving me crazy & C4 dealer not very local.

Attempted to upgrade to 1.8.2 & 2.04 would get driver v2 error message, deleted and went back to 1.7.4.36

I think I installed 2.04 but never deleted 1.74. then just uninstalled 2.0

Everything else works, lights, tuner, dvd player just can't get passed the - appears to be offline error message and access mp3's

Ok I think you mean that you downloaded composer ME 2.0, and not performed the 2.0 upgrade - entirely different. You need to use the version of composer that matches the firmware version of your system.

As to why you cant see the files, you need to check the firewall (both windows and software like McAfee), file share permissions, etc.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Yes that's correct I did download ME 2.04 not the upgrade to 2.0

I logged onto the controller through it's IP address and the firmware does match the version of ME 1.7.4.1.3

I also did as you suggested, I disabled both Norton AV and windows firewalls still unable to access mp3's on PC through ME.

It's almost like it's taunting me because there are 10-12 mp3 files stores in the media/net folder on the controller (HC-300) that I can click on and instantly play in media player on the PC.

Archived