C4 Forums | Control4

Trouble adding videos

PixelPerfect

Okay I am running 1.7.4.36 and am having an issue adding all my videos. I have over 1000 videos stored on my server and they are all (but a few maybe 100) in the formate supported by control4. I say it that way because I can not rember the excat formate right now, and im more then 1200 miles away from my system. So I have add the driver, and put in all the required info. When I go to the media section and tell it to scan for the selected media it finds 300 videos and stops. If I tell it to scan for more it finds 50-60 at a time. Any Idea what I should do to fix this? Is there way to add more formates to expanded it search abilitys??

• 2 weeks later...

Okay i meant to post the answer back earlier, but I got over busy. So the answer is, when you go to the media section, when you get to the section to select the media type, you just leave it blank and hit go. When it was scanning the 1,000 some odd videos it took it almost an hour to do so, I got scared that I messed some thing up.

• 1 month later...
does one need the control4 media player to play the videos on my tv?

You need a media player of some sort...the media player is what plays the media =)

In my opinion, there are units that are much better than the Control4 piece at a much better price. Look at Dune. James (diamonddesign on this forum) can help you out.

yeah i connected the control4 media player o he system now movies run with no problems.

one would think that ht300 should have a movie decoder built in but i guess not.

ill try tomorow the segate and WD media players to see if i could integrate into the c4 system im setting up at home as a demo for my costumers and training for me. ill let you guys know how that went in a day or so.

btw too bad it doesnt read matroshka format for my hd movies. for that price it should.

Did you read this thread? It has been pointed out that the C4 media player had limited functionality for the high price, and there are better options dollar for dollar.

I know what you mean the price makes me laugh, when you compare it to other options. Such as the XBMC, load it on to an $50 apple TV 1st gen, then load the free (well the cost of dealer loading driver) XBMC driver. So for about a $90 investment you have one hell of a well round Media player.

Archived