C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone at CES?

waynechi

interesting. i went to the control4 exhibition and asked what was new for 2007 and the only thing I was told was the ip camera support. There are about 20+ control 4 exhibitors running around, a large exhibition, and some nice looking ladies to boot. I was told ip camera support was coming out in march, they had working cameras on the 10.5 built in screen, very laggy, and they couldn't tell me how many cameras would be supported. Actually, I got various answers to this question. Funny, no one mentioned the poe lcd controller or the new remote. I'll have to go back today and check that out.

interesting. i went to the control4 exhibition and asked what was new for 2007 and the only thing I was told was the ip camera support. There are about 20+ control 4 exhibitors running around, a large exhibition, and some nice looking ladies to boot. I was told ip camera support was coming out in march, they had working cameras on the 10.5 built in screen, very laggy, and they couldn't tell me how many cameras would be supported. Actually, I got various answers to this question. Funny, no one mentioned the poe lcd controller or the new remote. I'll have to go back today and check that out.

Well, you didn't talk with me then... I was there most of the time, and I definitely pointed out the POE option for the LCD keypad, the new v2 remote, as well as the demo of IP Camera Support.

We also mentioned prominently that the IP camera support *was* laggy because it was a *demo* for CES, and that obviously it will not be that laggy in the final release, except maybe on the WebNavigator interface, which will likely be slower than the touchpanel versions.

RyanE

Ryan - sorry I didn't find you. I went back a second time and was shown the new remote and someone confirmed the poe lcd. I'm glad to hear that the ip camera will not be that laggy when it goes final.

slemay - if I recall correctly, the ip camera was being shown on the 10.5 and possibly the mts.

slemay,

As a 'technology preview' at CES, we were showing it on the 10.5" in-wall, but we anticipate being able to provide it on all the UI devices (except the LCD keypad and remote, obviously).

Since it's not completely done, and not even done how it will be in the final release, we can't guarantee that it'll work on all of those devices, but we are going to try to have it work on all of them (on-screen, MTS, 10.5" WiFi, 10.5" in-wall).

It also was being shown on 4Sight, although the framerate on the remote connection will still obviously be slower than on the 'local' devices.

RyanE

I don't have one handy here, but it looks just like the old remote, but with the white glow-in-the-dark buttons, and ABCD buttons on the lower half of the round selection buttons at top, that are colored (red / blue / green / yellow).

Someone else posted a picture to one of these forums, but I don't have the link right now, and I've been at home all day, not at work.

RyanE

They still work as those if you're in 'menu mode'.

i.e. they're now dual-purpose buttons. If you're controlling a device, you press the 'LCD' button first, then one of those buttons to get that menu.

This way you get the ABCD while controlling things, which was a much-needed feature.

If you don't have any deviced that need ABCD, you can set in properties that this should work like the V.1 remote as well.

RyanE

Thanks for posting, BobB, and thanks for the further info Ed. Its a nice update.

Speaking of nice updates, I got a remote software upgrade last week and noticed I could tune the radio manually on the touchscreen without using presets. Is that new or have I always been able to do that. I seem to remember my installer mentioning that everything needed to be preset through Composer when I first installed the system (though stations did seem changeable on HE). I also recall the manual used to say that you could tune manually through the front panel of the tuner itself. It might just be a new interface as I also recall having a number pad on the touchscreen too.

Archived