C4 Forums | Control4

C4 - 8-Zone Amplifier - Audio Zones Not Showing Up

I'm not able to see and hense not able to add a room of audio. By this I mean sometimes I'll go in my kitchen and want to select my garage to have it start playing but the zone doesn't show up as an option when I click on add rooms. I've created a fix with a media scene and to get it to shows up but it's not idea. Any ideas?

Yes I believe so. To help clarify, the problem I'm having is with the selection of zone volume with my TV's and Ipad. I have 6 zones of audio current running; Living, Dining, Master, Kitchen, Garage, Patio. When using the living room tv display I go into listen-zones and click on add rooms. I currently only have the kitchen showing up. I click on add rooms and it doesn't give me any options other than All Rooms and Kitchen. If I then go in and select media scene on the ipad that has another zone in it, for example my kitchen and living room, then immediatly deactivate the scene it shows both zones and enables me to change the volume on each on the ipad, but not the tv display. TV display still only shows the kitchen. I then go to add zones on the ipad and still no other zones show up but the zones I just activated through the media scene. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am trying to figure this out too..

I installed an 8-zone amp last night, all my audio and volume endputs are set to Audio Input 1 and Audio Volume 1 for each room, and I made a driver called Sonos with an RCA output and linked 3 of them to Inputs 1 2 and 3 on the amp. What I am trying to do is use 3 Sonos ZonePlayer 90s.

http://sonos.com/products/zoneplayers/zp90/default.aspx?rdr=true&LangType=1033

But none of them show up in the zones, or under any rooms.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As stated in my previous post it was an endpoint issue. I can't recall the exact endpoint that wasn't correct but I figured it out by using the interviewer and reloading my project one device at a time. This took a little time. I compared this to my full project and figured out the endpoint issue. Frankly I'm still not 100% on the endpoints but I did get mine to work. I wish there were a tutorial on it. I get the basics but some of these endpoints can get confusing.

UPD:

I figured it out - after making all connections in project (set amp as audio end-points and volume control in proper rooms), project should be backed up, then cleared from director and then reloaded back.

After that all zones will be in navigator and switching them on/off will works O.K.

• 3 months later...

Archived