C4 Forums | Control4

Off Topic: Please help me to my part to fight cancer.

This completely off topic, but what can I say...I've gotta do it =) We're all friends here anyways, right?

Cancer is a disease that we're all very familiar with. Every single person on this forum knows somebody who has battled with cancer. Some win, some lose. Either way, it's an ugly disease. Cancer is going to claim the life of a good friend of mine this year...he's been battling brain cancer and can't do it much longer.

As all of you have heard of cancer, I'm sure most all of you have also heard of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation (http://www.huntsmancancerfoundation.org/). In 1995, the Huntsman family founded the Huntsman Cancer Foundation with the sole purpose to ensure the financial future of the work at Huntsman Cancer Institute. It is located at the University of Utah, and is a global leader in cancer research and treatment.

This year, I have joined the "Huntsman Hometown Heroes" team. This Saturday, June 18th I will accompany a cancer survivor on the final day of his bike ride from his home town in Reno, NV to the Huntsman Cancer Institute in SLC. He makes it a 5 day journey. Me and 18 friends will join him on this last day and help bring him home.

On September 10th, 75 of us "Huntsman Hometown Heroes" will participate in a 206 mile, one day bicycles race from Logan, UT to Jackson Hole, WY. This race is called LOTOJA...if any of you are cyclists I'm sure you've heard of it. It is considered Americas toughest single day cycling race (www.lotojaclassic.com). I am riding this ride in honor of all the cancer victims out there. To help increase awareness, and help raise critical funds to go towards cancer treatment and research at this world class facility.

Now, I tell you all this, because I am asking for your support. By clicking on the link below, you can make a tax deductible to the Huntsman Cancer Foundation in my name. Any amount you can contribute is much appreciated, it couldn't go to a better cause. If you are not in a position to contribute, I understand. Any words of encouragement you can post here or on our Facebook page would be great.

Visit my fundraising page here: http://hcf.kintera.org/lotoja/danh

Again, thanks for reading this. Any donation you can make towards helping me achieve my goal of raising $1,000 would be very much appreciated.

Like I said, I don't think there is a better cause that you could be supporting.

Dan,

My wife had a mammogram a couple weeks ago and the doctors didn't like something about it so she has to get another. We are assuming/hoping a bad scan since it was a new place that did it. Anyway, I just kicked in a donation for your cancer fundraiser.

Dan,

My wife had a mammogram a couple weeks ago and the doctors didn't like something about it so she has to get another. We are assuming/hoping a bad scan since it was a new place that did it. Anyway, I just kicked in a donation for your cancer fundraiser.

EagleMoon, hopefully you're right and it was a bad scan. It's good that you're being proactive anyways. Best of luck with everything.

Thanks so much for the generous donation, it is much appreciated.

Archived