C4 Forums | Control4

ID problem - please help

getafix

I have a dimmer with both top and bottom LED's are solid green, and a switch which is flashing green top and bottom.

I have tried to ID the dimmer with no joy and the only response I get from the switch is to hold the bottom button for 4 secs. It flashes for a while then flashes red quickly then goes back to flashing green.

On the dimmer I have tapped top 15x's . The dimmer briefly goes blue, switches off the lights and then goes back to solid green.

I know that this is basic stuff (I think), but this has me stumped.

Please help

It sounds like they are on zigbee pro and waiting to be joined to a mesh and waiting to complete the upgrade to zigbee pro. I assume your system is on zigbee pro? This process is described in the 1.8 and 2.0 release notes for upgrading.

Problem solved - It was a distance issue. Seemed like my controller was to far away from the units. Although it is about 15 feet away and my SR250 ID's from the same distance no problem, so I am not to sure.

I placed the controller back to where I keep it and now although the dimmer and switch is ID'd, I can't controll them (ie, set scenes, change LEDs etc) Seems like they are out of range again.

Archived