C4 Forums | Control4

Tivo Series 3 not receiving IR from MediaController

Anyone actually have a Tivo Series 3 that is able to receive IR signals from a Control4 MediaController. I have a DirecTV HD Tivo right above a new Tivo Series 3 and only the new series 3 Tivo is having the problem (i.e. my DirecTV Tivo can receive IR commands from MediaController just fine).

I've confirmed that the new Series 3 Tivo IR commands are the same as the old Tivos (unless you program the remote to DVR1 and DVR2 to control multiple tivos with same remote). Basically, I can press all the buttons on my Control4 remote and see the IR emitter "flash" right on the Tivo Series 3 front panel but the Tivo Series 3 is not receiving the commands. The "IR activity" light built into the Tivo Series 3 confirms that the Tivo is not "recognizing" an IR command. I can press the real Tivo remote control and get IR commands into the Tivo Series 3 but Control4 cannot seem to send commands to it.

Is there a known frequency difference or something unique about the Series 3 Tivo? How do I get Control4 to control/send acceptable IR commands.

I have a Series 3 Tivo in my system connected via IR to the MC. No real issues. The installer

had to update several of the IR codes in the control4 supplied driver as they did not work out of the box.

Archived