C4 Forums | Control4

EV Sonos driver stopped working after Sonos update

Last month, I got the EV driver together with an HC1000 and upgrade to 2.1, all of which was working nicely until I connected to the Sonos from the Sonos desktop controller, and it asked for (and was granted) an automatic software upgrade to 3.5.2.

Now, the Sonos desktop controller works, and I can listen to Sonos after selecting it as a source from C4, but I can no longer control Sonos from within C4. I can "see" the Sonos unit and services, but can't start or stop specific playlists, stations, etc. The Sonos unit rebooted after the upgrade, but I haven't (yet) rebooted Navigator.

(Otherwise the EV driver is very nice, even though C4 doesn't have the GUI elegance of Sonos).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Not seeing the same problems myself. Mainly use the sonos controller, but do use keypad to start/stop radio stations and playlists (I have sonos throughout the house and not a C4 amp though if that makes any difference). My setup seems to be working fine.

I had similar issues with 2.1.1 The solution was to go into ComposerHE and simply reenter the Sonos players MAC address or ip. A new bug was that with the new extra veg driver I had to go into the Sonos tuner device to get napster working again even though the regular Sonos icon used to work it didn't for me with the latest drivers for some reason.

Thanks to all who responded; things seem to be working now after a C4 reboot and re-entering the Sonos IP address.

To Djcarpenter: Use monitoring tab, select Sonos (with the C4 logo) to get to the EV driver, and then properties; you will see fields where you can enter all the Sonos goodies (Rhapsody, XM, Pandora acct info) along with the Sonos controller address.

Question for codex: how/where in ComposerHE can you program Sonos selections?

(I can see C4->Rhapsody->stations, but not Sonos->Pandora or Sonos->XM or Sonos->stations).

• 4 months later...

You`re better of using the MAC address. It`s one or the other but obviously the MAC address will never change. After the SONOS 3.5.2 update the EV driver stopped working. EV brought out an updated driver to fix this. EV mailed all of their dealers saying " DO NOT UPDATE to SONOS V3.5.2 or your system will not work.

The new driver came out a few days later. Also note the original activation number may not work so your dealer would need to sort a new one.

Archived