C4 Forums | Control4

ip camera

Hello I'm from chile and I'm starting with C4 I have some questions need your help, I need to know which brands of IP cameras are compatible with your system eh axis and seen some panasonic but here there are no such models. Or how they could let other compatible brands.

Direct from Control4's knowledgebase:

In order to be compatible (and you'd still need to write a .c4i file for the camera), cameras must support the following:

* A URL to retrieve a JPG image

* A URL to retrieve a MJPEG stream (not mp4) motion image retrieval, and JPEG image retrieval.

* Both of those must be available on the same IP Port

* Only basic authentication must be used, or no authentication to retrieve images / streams

* The camera must support sending an image size parameter, which is fixed to one of the following strings:

160x180

320x240

640x480

That is, Control4 only support those resolutions, and we pass those exact strings on the URL line

If the camera can't do that, you can't write a driver for it currently. Many cameras don't support MJPEG, and/or require that you have an ActiveX control to get the image data. If that's the case, you can't write a driver for it currently.

Any other commands (Pan/Tilt/Zoom/Focus) all need to be separate HTTP URLs.

If you do a search, you'll see there are mostly axis, panasonic and mobotix ip cameras with one or two other small brands mentioned here and there that I havent heard a lot about. You can use analog cameras and integrate them with the Axis 241Q server or Panasonic server. Additionally, if you have a MacMini and Security Spy, you can have a ton of cameras supported through it and a third party driver from Extra Vegetables.

Panasonic's supported cameras are the BB/BL line IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived