C4 Forums | Control4

Using speaker points as local amp issues

I am using a few of my speaker points in local amp mode so my audio and video are in sync. I also have an audio doorbell anouncement play through all speakerpoints in the home. If the room is on there is no problem. The music stops, doorbell chimes, then music comes back on. My issue is when the room is off. After the doorbell anouncement is over the speaker points do not go back to off. They stay on and play the audio from my local sources (i.e. cable and sat boxes). If I turn off local amp mode I do not have this problem. I figured out a way around this, but I am not completly satisfied with the solution. Does anyone know why the speaker points would not return to their previous state or why the problem only exsist when they are in local amp mode? Thank You

I am using a few of my speaker points in local amp mode so my audio and video are in sync. I also have an audio doorbell anouncement play through all speakerpoints in the home. If the room is on there is no problem. The music stops, doorbell chimes, then music comes back on. My issue is when the room is off. After the doorbell anouncement is over the speaker points do not go back to off. They stay on and play the audio from my local sources (i.e. cable and sat boxes). If I turn off local amp mode I do not have this problem. I figured out a way around this, but I am not completly satisfied with the solution. Does anyone know why the speaker points would not return to their previous state or why the problem only exsist when they are in local amp mode? Thank You

I am having the same issue....

Given that in local amp mode the announcement doesn’t re-mute the speaker point, the only way around this is to program the mute after the announcement is executed. It’s a tricky problem, but I’ve lived with it since the release of the announcement agent.

What are you doing to get it to work? I might be able to get you on another path.

Matt,

After the "doorbell anouncement" I have another anouncement to set the volume to 1 so you cant hear anything. Then I set all the default volumes to a certain setting. That way if the room is on the music will return. I f the room is off it will the anouncement will set the the speakers so low that you can't hear them. The problem is if they are using the zone and the music is very low or high they will have to adjust the volume back to where it was. This is such stupid issue. Is it just a problem with the way C4 wrote the code? Like I said, the zones that are not in local amp mode do not have this problem.

Archived