C4 Forums | Control4

Effectively Dead after loading backup project

This is a first for me, but I was having some random issues that are normally fixed with a project refresh and/or equipment reboot. Today when I did that, my project just isn't communicating at all. No remotes are connecting, no buttons are working, etc.

I've tried several different backups, all with some issues. A backup from a few years ago at least gets some communication with the lights, but not much else.

I have noticed I am able to turn on some equipment when I open that specific equipments interface through ComposerHE ... but it's hit and miss.

thecodeman - Cody - DDI is my dealer, so if you see this, maybe you can help me out before I call on Monday :) 4Sight is active.

Anyone seen issues like this? I'm on basically all 1st Gen equipment. I did notice that it looks like one of my HTC's is not powering up after the reboot also.

Ok, just remoted in and your controller that was zigbee server was the one that was offline. I made another controller zigbee server for the same channel and looks like everything is back online in your mesh. I also replied to your email.

Thanks Cody! That did the trick. Just had to take batteries out of the remotes to get them to re-initialize, but that's all. I'm glad you saw this so quickly. Remote service paid off!

I'll give you guys a call tomorrow and see about a service call.

Thanks,

Michael

• 11 months later...
Ok, just remoted in and your controller that was zigbee server was the one that was offline. I made another controller zigbee server for the same channel and looks like everything is back online in your mesh. I also replied to your email.

Same thing happened to me. It is one thing to switch zservers. Does this mean that controller cannot be used as a Zigbee server ever again. It still is my director so I was hoping to get the zserver and the director in the same controller again.

How do i get the zserver on this controller back online? Thanks

Archived