C4 Forums | Control4

6 button keypad issue mini App mode

kurtiswilk

Hey guys,

I'm having some issue bringing a keypad out of mini app mode.

The Keypad is blinking green in the "between" state,

I have held button 3 for 4 Seconds, turns yellow for 2 flashes, then flashes red and returns the the "Between" state.

I have also tried holding for 13 seconds to do a reset with no luck. I have removed the device from the wall and placed it on top of my Zigbee server. still no luck.

And I have changed zigbee channel to 25.

Any other thoughts? Would like to see this up and running.

"For the switches, to start the update from mini app to pro, hold the bottom button down for a few seconds and the led's will start to blink yellow. Once they go solid yellow, the update is starting. If they blink red, they failed. Let me know what happens with that."

Hmm. Putting it on top of the zigbee server reminded me of of what I did before. And same result, didn't upgrade. I put it 2ft infront of it and it updated in 30 seconds. Just throwing it out there good luck

Ok,so I got it solved. Something I never thought off. the main issue was actually the Zigbee Pro version I was using. I'm running 1.8.2.56194 as my director. Well the Hc-300 I'm using as my zserver and navigator is a V2.0.0 that was downgraded back to 1.8. Therefor the Zigbee did not line up. I enabled the Director as a ZAP took the keypad to the basement an Tada. It's completing the update, hopefully it will stay connected once it goes back up stairs.

Hope this makes sense. If not i can try and clear it up, its been a long day and I've gotta go back to work so hopefully this can help someone else some day.

Kurtis

I am also having trouble. I got my switches into mini app and then it looks like I kicked them out during the identifying stage and they are back to embernet... only I can't get them to go back into mini app to complete. They still have the blue LEDs that generally signify Embernet...

I can't get them to identify in the allow join, I can't get them to add into the upgrade...

thoughts?

jroza1 - pull the air gap tab up to remove power to the switch. While tab is up, press the bottom button and HOLD IT DOWN. While the button is pressed down, plug the air gab tab back into place returning power to the switch. Keep holding the down button until the led blinks. That should kick start the firmware in the switch. Try again after that.

Archived