C4 Forums | Control4

Changing LED colors back

drmark12pa

I'm wondering how to "reset" LED colors on a keypad or lightswitch back to the assigned colors when an event is no longer valid. Currently, I cannot use agent variables in my ComposerHE due to great software bug that is present on 2.1.1 and has yet to be fixed so I can't do this.

What I'm trying to do is when I turn on my outside speakers, the LEDs on the outside light switches all turn light blue just so I remember that the outside speakers are on and turn them off so the neighbors aren't listening to Motley Crue at 2am.

So I have essentially made a programming variable so that when POWER is TRUE in the outside speakers, then the LEDs turn light blue.

What I can't figure out is when the POWER is FALSE, how do I make the LEDs go back to the regular colors I use daily (I use green if the outside lights are on, red if they are off).

I've included a snapshot of what I currently have set up... the part I'm trying to figure out is under the If OUTDOORS->POWER STATE is FALSE

I think I may have come up with a solution... It's a bit lengthy but would like opinions if this is a valid way to get the result. I was a bit confused on the light commands as well. I've attached a picture for the SET TOP LED ON , SET TOP LED OFF, SET BOTTOM LED ON, SET BOTTOM LED OFF. At first I thought this meant to just set the LED state but it actually appears almost like a conditional command.

For examply, if you check SET TOP LED OFF (to a certain color) then it appears that the actual command line is:

Set bottom LED on .... to Black when off

Can anyone clarify this? It might make reverting a switch/dimmer to previous colors quite easy.

(I'm actually programming remotely while on vacation so haven't been able to test my programming in person which obviously would make this easy to figure out.. haha)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like you got it figured out correctly, and it can be different for each scenario.

If I understand you situation correctly, you don't need agents or customs variables.

You would use one trigger from the left pane.

Under the room name is room variables, look for power state. When power state changes, add two conditionals from the right pane, under the room name is room variables and select the same power state, then select conditionals is true (on) and is false (off).

For Keypads - Use the commands LED On and LED Off for each button. Then set the on color under system properties to the blue color for the leds you want changed, and set the off color under system properties to the normal color.

For Switches and Dimmers (Linked 2-buttons will follow) Use the commands "Set Top LED ON" and the "Set Bottom LED OFF" and select the desired color.

Disclaimer - setting LED colors can get complex and there are several things that differ between switches, dimmers and keypads. This should get you going in the right direction but may not be the complete answer depedning on your programming and settings.

Archived