C4 Forums | Control4

cannot find discrete code for LG 8000 series tv from 2009

Also i have another lg tv its the 60 inch plasma 8000 series

recon its from 2009

Does anyone know where i can get the discrete ir code for setting this tv to antenna? with out this it is basically useless in a control4 environment.

Apparently i need the code for this to create the anchor point the macros need to find the other inputs.

Any help is appreciated.

Is the exact LG model 60PS8000?

There are discrete codes for power on/off and all inputs, including tuner/antenna in the logitech harmony database. In order to get the hex codes I would need to program a Harmony remote and create a C4 driver. Only if this is the exact model I'm willing to create and post codes.

Posted in File Library. IR repeat counts might need adjusting, but all discrete and function buttons provided by logitech driver are included.

Note: In looking at the user manual from LG's UK support site, this model does have serial (RS232) input and there are a number of C4 on-line serial drivers for LG plasma TVs. Serial might be a better solution, because RS-232 commands aren't much different between models.

http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-plasma-tv-60PS8000.jsp

Fantastic!

In this job i dont have the luxury of running rs232. this house was the demo home in an estate the client bought the package. The builder since went out of business.

Ive had a nightmare just trying to figure out where cables go.

He also has lighitng control, no one knows where the c4 dimmer modules are, i think they are behind the walls.

This client had no idea what was involved in the system... at all...

very much appreciated.

have a great new year!

Archived