C4 Forums | Control4

Weekday / Weekend Scheduler

jbat

Hi all,

Is there a shortcut to program weekends out of my alarm schedule? In my wakeups I'd like something like "Wake up for work" (/school /whatever) that can be activated in a room without worrying about it going off on weekends.

Thanks in advance,

jbat.

Hi all,

Is there a shortcut to program weekends out of my alarm schedule? In my wakeups I'd like something like "Wake up for work" (/school /whatever) that can be activated in a room without worrying about it going off on weekends.

Thanks in advance,

jbat.

In "Scheduler" on the right side do a conditional by day of the week...

Bill

Can it be set up so that activating a wakeup event in a room will only work if it is a weekday? How do I tie wakeups to a scheduler event? in short, I want to be able to turn an alarm off and on when I like, but when its on it only comes on on weekdays.

Can it be set up so that activating a wakeup event in a room will only work if it is a weekday? How do I tie wakeups to a scheduler event? in short, I want to be able to turn an alarm off and on when I like, but when its on it only comes on on weekdays.

This is fairly easy - but not as a wakeup event.

Schedule an even at 6 AM (if that is when you want it) and then use the Right Side Schedule day of the week to make it happen.

You could schedule an event at 6 and another at 8 and make the 8 AM trigger the alarm on weekends and the 6 am on week days for example?

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

I used the variables command and linked that to a button that toggles the variable "day off" the variable then resets itself at 11am the following day.

So in programming:-

if variable day off is false

run wake up schedule

This way before you go to be hit the button day off and the wakeup schedule doesnt run.

As TexasBill states for normal weekday events use scheduler, this just gives you the added protection that if you take a day off the normal workday routine doesnt start.

This link will explain the various variables and how to set them up

http://www.control4.com/documentation/Composer_Pro_User_Guide/programming_with_variables.htm

The Wake UP ON/OFF is very inconvenient.

You have to remember to turn it OFF for weekends, you have to remember to turn it ON on weekdays. The whole point of automation is so that well... AUTOMATED.

A Weekend/Weekday option is just something very basic that should be avalable to program from the TS panel.

Can you do a work around and use the Composer's Scheduler to tell it not to go off? Yes, of course. BUT everybody's schedule in the household is different and changes all the time. What I programmed last week might not apply this week. Then there are last minute situations. Your family member cannot tell you everytime that there is a schedule change.

The TS panel should have an inherent Wake-Up scheduling capability similar to the programming/scheduling flexibility of the C4 Thermostats. Each family member should be able to go to their TS and schedule their Wake-up schedule to their hearts content not having to remember weekend/day etc.

Sorry to rant, this lack of feature is annoying me

Rant over... for now. :-)

Can it be set up so that activating a wakeup event in a room will only work if it is a weekday? How do I tie wakeups to a scheduler event? in short' date=' I want to be able to turn an alarm off and on when I like, but when its on it only comes on on weekdays.[/quote']

The Wake UP ON/OFF is very inconvenient.

You have to remember to turn it OFF for weekends, you have to remember to turn it ON on weekdays. The whole point of automation is so that well... AUTOMATED.

A Weekend/Weekday option is just something very basic that should be avalable to program from the TS panel.

Can you do a work around and use the Composer's Scheduler to tell it not to go off? Yes, of course. BUT everybody's schedule in the household is different and changes all the time. What I programmed last week might not apply this week. Then there are last minute situations. Your family member cannot tell you everytime that there is a schedule change.

The TS panel should have an inherent Wake-Up scheduling capability similar to the programming/scheduling flexibility of the C4 Thermostats. Each family member should be able to go to their TS and schedule their Wake-up schedule to their hearts content not having to remember weekend/day etc.

Sorry to rant, this lack of feature is annoying me

Rant over... for now. :-)

I don't think that this would be terribly difficult to program.

Say there are three bedrooms - Master and Guest 1 and Guest 2.

I can easily set the time of day that I want the speaker to go off in each room and play the agreed upon wakeup - turn on the lights slowly and do what ever other features i would like. I can easily make it so that I can cancel or set this (the default is "set" except in the guest rooms and that is only happening when the "guest mode" is set on the touch screen.

You can make this happen based on the day of the week or the weekend as well - This requires a weekday/weekend setting in scheduler and variable that is a number - based on the number you could easily set the time of day that you want the alarm set -

This does not seem like a rant thing to me... merely a programming issue - now - what device would you like to use to set this alarm?

Touch screen or wall switch?

Bill

Archived