C4 Forums | Control4

Programing a new satellite receiver

Does anyone have any experience in programming a replacement satellite receiver to the C4 remote? I have just replaced a Bell 6100 with a 6131. It is working well with the C4 system and TV except I need to go to the receiver (in the basement) to change channels with its remote. Thanks for anyone who may be able to help., Manny

If it is a replacement is should use the same codes as the previous unit. Make sure the IR emitter is over the IR receiver area on the satellite receiver and also ensure that the Bell receiver is using IR remote address 1 (you can find how to do this in the bell receiver manual).

this is from a harmony forum, helped me.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes/Bell-HD-receiver-6131-not-recognized/td-p/421475

Re: Bell HD receiver 6131 not recognized.

Options

01-21-2010 03:17 PM

Here is what I have compiled let us know if it helps

Dish Network, Bell ExpressVu, and Tellus Satellite receivers are all made by Echo Star and This applies to all of them

The first thing to check would be What your remote address is that can be found by pressing the System Info button on the front of the receiver.

It will either say IR or UHF/IR with a number

If it says IR and the address is anything other than 1 than all you need to do is Confirm the IR Code Set in the Harmony software found at

Devices>Your Receiver>Settings>Confirm IR>Follow the on screen instructions afterwards all should work fine.

Where it gets tricky is when it is in UHF mode. First you need to Identify which remote you have

For a 6.0 to 6.4 you need to remove the battery cover remove the tab at the bottom labelled UHF/IR flip and reinstall. This will set the remote to use IR.

For a 21.0 you need to remove the Battery cover locate the toggle switch and switch it back to IR.

Next you would need to go back to the System Info screen and press record 3 times this will set the receiver to receive IR. Now if the address number is anything otheer than 1 all you need to do is Confirm the IR Code Set in the Harmony software found at

Devices>Your Receiver>Settings>Confirm IR>Follow the on screen instructions afterwards all should work fine.

For all receivers they have discrete power on/off commands

Press and hold the SAT button at the top of the remote until all mode button backlights illuminate (about 3 seconds), then release.

While the SAT mode light blinks, press and release the large satellite Power button.

Press Volume Up for discrete power on. Press Volume Down for discrete power off.

Press the Select button to exit.

For All the receivers

The Power On Delay can be set to 500ms

The Interkey Delay to 0ms

The Inter Device Delay to 2000ms

Archived