C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with IR control of LG 32LK450

Has anyone had any problems with IR control of an LG 32LK450 tv? I've searched all posts and haven't found anything so appreciate any thoughts

The factory remote works fine, so confirmed IR sensor on the TV is working. The C4 driver for the TV was created using the factory TV remote, so factory remote codes are the only codes programmed in the driver.

When the C4 remote is used to command the TV, the IR bud flashes properly, however it won't control the TV (i.e. TV won't respond to command).

Here's the troubleshooting I've done so far:

1) Replaced the IR bud with a new bud. New bud flashes properly when commands are pressed on C4 remote, but TV doesn't respond

2) Confirmed IR sensor location on TV visually; Also did a 'crude' test by touching front of factory remote to various other locations on TV (so signal was focused) and didn't work unless on IR sensor area; so I believe IR bud properly located on TV sensor...have tried moving around several times in the sensor area

3) Removed sticky part of IR bud and held next to IR sensor on tv to ensure it is receiving flash; Also dimmed all lights in room and tried again

4) Created a new driver with a couple basic codes from factory remote to ensure it wasn't a corrupt driver; then reloaded driver, refreshed program and IR bud flashed when new codes pressed but still no response from TV

5) Tried various IR outputs (i.e. 2,3,4) from HC200 and changed bindings to get IR bud to respond under different IR outputs, which again it flashed when commanded from C4 remote but TV didn't respond

6) Room was dark when programming factory remote codes to HC200

7) Tried to emit IR codes to TV after they showed up in driver wizard, and no response from TV

8) Downloaded IR codes for TV model into Harmony Remote (in order to get discrete input codes); Harmony remote also worked on the TV but none of discrete codes worked on C4 remote

Also - Not sure it matters but the HC200 is on a C4 network WiFi adaptor;

I can use the factory remote to change input source on TV to C4 nav screen, and then use C4 remote to control nav screen, and then use factory remote again to change input source back to whatever I commanded from nav screen and it works just fine; so it is really a TV control issue.

So...I'm stumped.

Could it be possible that this TV has a different IR sensor or on a different frequency that isn't compatible with standard C4 IR flashes? It has an "Intelligent Sensor" so that is why I started thinking about it.

Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions (one might be to just use different TV!)

Archived