C4 Forums | Control4

Slide show screen saver bogs down system?

I had my system updated yesterday afternoon to the new software and this afternoon loaded 21 pictures into the screen saver tool to be used across my 4 mini-tocuh screens.

I just noticed that everything now runs incredibly slow. Scheduled items to turn off the LEDs at night didn't occur and keypad buttons would not work.

The only thing I can think of that could be causing this problem is the screen savers. I re-set the zigbee server and turned off the screen savers on all the touch screens and the keypads are now working again and I was able to execute the LED off schedules.

Any ideas as to the number of photo limitations and/or processor usage for the photo slide show screen savers?

Could this be the problem, or is there something else that might be causing the slow down.

Thanks.

Joe

The Photo screensaver shouldn't cause your system to slow down, unless you have some other network issues.

I have several mini-touch screens and a controller running on-screen, and I haven't noticed the controller being any slower with the photo screensaver running.

The photos themselves are pre-scaled, so the navigators only have to load it across the network, and display it.

RyanE

Thanks. I re-set the entire system last night and it appears to be working quickly again. It may have been some sort of network issue. The photo screen saver was the only thing I could think of, but maybe it was network related.

Thanks.

humm i had my system updated today and I dont see where I can upload pictures.........where / how do you do that?

I also want to be able to put my IP cctv cameras into my system but again I dont see how do do this in Composer 1.3.1.

HELP?

Thanks!

takitezsdc,

First of all, you don't have 1.3.2 features in Composer v. 1.3.1. If your system was updated, but your copy of Composer is not 1.3.2, you can't setup photo screensaver or IP Cameras...

Second, here is how it works. You add the Screen Saver agent to your project, and designate where the screen saver agent stores photos, then you use the Media tab to add photos. Composer resizes all the photos for each Control4 device, and stores them in the specified location. You then have to turn on the Custom Screensaver on each Navigator, and specify that you want to see photos.

IP Camera setup is fairly straightforward, Thomas has some info on his page about that: http://blog.tleish.com/2007/07/26/ipcameras_setup/

Cheers,

RyanE

Archived