C4 Forums | Control4

Wifi Speakerpoint - trouble conencting to wireless AP

Hi all,

Hope you can help.

I have two wireless speaker points which are identified connected via ethernet. When attempting to configure them to wifi mode I recieve an error message that they cannot access the network, check settings.

I have my router on b, g & n (and have tried g & n only), with a WEP key. I have also tried with no security but cannot get it to join with the Billion wireless n router which generally has good performance for a home unit.

Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks,

Gizmo.

Ok. My AVG speaker points came configured in a multi-room package from C4 and had the following network configuration:

SSID: C4HWY

Password: aa11bb22cc

Both are case sensitive.

Static IP address, but you could use DHCP provided your router DHCP server is enabled. You are attempting to connect to a Belkin Wireless Router OR is it a Wireless Access Point as your subject of this post states? What model(s)?

Both LEDs should be on a couple minutes after powering up the speaker point in WiFi mode. If you go into Composers System Manager you should see it's IP. Also check to make sure it's running same version as your controller(s).

It's actually a Billion 7800N on g + n mode. I've also tried g mode only with security disabled, no luck. There are no turbo-g or other settings enabled. I also upgraded them successfully to 2.1 with the controller (this issue was there prior to the upgrade when they were at 1.7.4, had hoped the firmware upgrade might address the issue). Anyway, at a loss, other than giving up on wifi!

In looking at your 7800n owners manual nothing really sticks out, but I'd configure wireless for testing this way.

Mode: 802.1g-Only Mode

No Security

Regulation Domain: North America (it might not matter, because most channel freq. are the same world wide, but worth a try).

Channel ID: 1

Channel Width: 20 (only matters when using mixed mode with 802.1n)

Radius: Disabled

WPS: Disabled

WMM: Disabled

Wireless Multicast Forwarding: Disabled

Good luck, let us know.

Glad you got it working. Yes, WEP is old school and for this reason I run a dual band router that has invisible (no SSID broadcast) 'guest network' running WEP. This netwroks is also used by my 10.5 TX3000 touch screens. Although I think the 2.x upgrade on the touch screen gives it WPA. I wonder if it would for speaker points.

I ran the upgrade to 2.1 and it's still stuck with WEP (maybe upcoming 2.2 will address). I thought about a similar approach with a seperate bridged access point but have decided to go with a ethernet over powerline for the same $ as it allows for more reliable streaming of analogue sources which I think the wifi would struggle with. Fingers crossed,

Archived