C4 Forums | Control4

Old HTC new to me

I have an HTC since they first came out. Totally trouble free untill just recently. Now it is giving me a green screen at startup. My question is not about this box since I realize that is a vid card problem and thus dead.

The problem comes for the fact that I bought a used HTC from a dealer friend that will not connect. It was in a customers system and I know that there is IP conflicts. Even though it shows on my home network as a member on my 192.168.1.1 network under Network status it show up with a 10. etc IP.

It will not show up as a director but if I add in with my other HTC it will identitfy by MAC but not do anything.

I know this is very old stuff to but is there a way to just revert it to factory specs? Or is there some other way to modify it that I can't find.

I thought at first that the version was old and created a USB stick to update but I'm not even sure about that now.

Anyone remember these old things?

ADDED: As I read through the forums I realize that this has been asked before.

Doing the reset with the ID button and powering does in fact allow my computer to read but there is still an IP address in addition that I see no way to change. Does it still come down to telnet?

Archived