C4 Forums | Control4

Ceiling spotlights with dimmer, flickering

I have on my ceiling 3 similar groups of spotlights. Each group has a dimmer, a transformer (from 240 V to 12V) and 5 spots of 12 V. The two groups are functioning fine, but the third group presents flickering. All 5 spots are flickering, mainly when the dimmer is towards the high end. I don't know what to check, the transformer (access is difficult), the dimmer or the spots. Since all the spots are flickering, I guess that this is a dimmer or transformer problem. The fact that flickering is towards the high scale of dimmer, could be indicative of a dimmer problem or a transformer problem?

How can I check each of them without buying new ones? I would be grateful if somebody could help me.

Try killing power to the dimmer, and then restore power - either lift the small tab, or throw the breaker.

Around our house, any kind of small power blip leaves some random number of dimmers flickering in various weird ways. A reboot fixes it.

I am not sure, but I think that this is a magnetic locally produced dimmer. However it seems to be of good quality, and 3 more of the same devices, are working OK for many years in other locations of my house. Also, I tried to reboot, but to no success.

Archived