C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Fire Stick

msgreenf

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a Amazon Fire Stick. I tried the houselogix Fire Driver, but it doesn't seem to work with a Stick.

Anyone ever get a Fire Stick to work? How?

thanks.

Did you read the instructions. There is no way that can work.

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

Strangely, I did read the instructions.  The driver is not for the stick, but gave it a try anyway.

The only thing that works is I can install an APP and use the number buttons to bring up the APP.  Basically it tells me the driver does recognize the fire stick.  Unfortunately it looks like the Fire's remote buttons are not mapped.

Strangely, I did read the instructions. The driver is not for the stick, but gave it a try anyway.

The only thing that works is I can install an APP and use the number buttons to bring up the APP. Basically it tells me the driver does recognize the fire stick. Unfortunately it looks like the Fire's remote buttons are not mapped.

Well you didn't read them because it tells you you need a usb ir adapter in the USB port for full control. The fire stick doesn't have a USB port to plug an accessory into

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C4 Guru, I appreciate help, not someone who belittles others.....

The simple english version of the driver points out that there are 2 ways to connect:

via the Ortek IR USB Receiver, which obviously doesn't work or the DIAL over IP.  Which as I mentioned does work as far as quick key access to apps.

Archived