C4 Forums | Control4

opening different garage doors with geo fencing

I'm trying to figure out how I would open up different garage doors with the geo fencing driver add-on based on the car I'm driving. Right now I have the system setup every time I come home garage door 1 opens when I get close to the house. How would I program c4 he so when I'm driving the other car  the second garage door opens? My other car is a BMW that has connectdrive on it. I was researching to see if there was a c4 driver that hooked up with the bmw connectdrive app I haven't found anything yet. I did see that there was a IFTTT app with BMW. I thought I might be able to figure something with IFTTT but haven't discover any thing yet.  Any ideas on how I could program this would be much appreciated.

How many am garage doors do you have that are monitored by control4?

One thought would be to program a variable in control4 to change to represent the last opened garage door when you leave. That way, when you arrive within the geo-fence it will open the last opened door instead of the original way that opens only one door.

Do you have a dealer that can program this for you or do you need help in doing this? Let me know, always happy to help and Happy Automating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have composer HE here is a simple guide.

Create new string variable.

Then in programming go to door one and elect door opens.

When door opens change string variable to DOOR1

Then Go to second door and repeat.

When door opens change string variable to DOOR2

And So on for each additional door.

Then find your geofence driver and change your programming from " When arrive home open door one" to

When arrive home

If string variable equal to DOOR1

Open door 1

If string variable equal to DOOR2

Open door 2

Hope this helps.

13 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

How many am garage doors do you have that are monitored by control4?

One thought would be to program a variable in control4 to change to represent the last opened garage door when you leave. That way, when you arrive within the geo-fence it will open the last opened door instead of the original way that opens only one door.

Do you have a dealer that can program this for you or do you need help in doing this? Let me know, always happy to help and Happy Automating!

What happens if someone opens the other door while he's gone?

Good question. Sounds like this is a one person two vehicle situation though. I am sure we could work it through if there is a two person two vehicle situation. Depending on what interfaces are in the house. Keypads, touch screens, etc.

A requested breakdown on string variable in this situation.

String variables or very simple to use.

A string is the characters in the line you enter or when something shows a value. To program on a string variable you must match character for character including case and spaces. That is why in my short guide I mentioned using "DOOR1" with no spaces and all capitals. That way it is easy for you to remember.

Following my guide you must first go to agents and add a new variables. Call it something that makes sense. "GeoFence Door Selection" seems appropriate. Make sure you also select string variable from the drop down menu when creating it.

Now go to programming tab and select garage door 1 and on left you should see when door opens and when door closes. Select door opens.

Then on right find variable "GeoFence Door Selection" and on left you will see some options with drop downs. And a blank text entry area with radio button. Select set to and enter DOOR1 then drag green arrow into center of screen.

Repeat with door 2 but change he variable to DOOR2.

Now each time door 1 opens it will change the variable to DOOR1

And door 2 opens it will change to DOOR2.

Archived