C4 Forums | Control4

Trigger email notification only during specified days and time

bog

I'm unable to use logging on my HC300 (my Composer HE simply times out when I try to start logging). After some searches in the forum, email notifications may be a better option.

I'm new to C4, so can someone describe how I'd program email notifications whenever a light switch is turned on or off during business hours (when I should be at work)? Business hours for me will be M-F 09h00 17h00. Or even better, could we setup a variable, such that when I leave my home I press a keypad and it sets a variable to indicate I'm not home. When I return I'd press the keypad to indicate I'm home.

Any ideas?

This can be done fairly easily.

I am on my way out the door, but should have a chance to post more information tonight.

You will basically just nest the email notification under and "if" statement that checks for the variable or time to see whether it should trigger the "event" or not.

Easy enough.

Emails don't seem to be going anywhere. Remote access is enabled and I go to create the email notification. After I create and save it I click send. I get the acknowledgement that it ws added to the queue. How do I see the queue?

Nevermind, email notifications seem to be working.

I was also using schedules but see it's not what I'm looking for. I'll use a variable that I'll trigger for when I'm away and when I return.

Are there variables I can use in the email message?

Archived