C4 Forums | Control4

Inverting Water Sensors does not work on T3s under OS3?

My dealer changed some of the sensors (drivers) that I use for me earlier this week.  Reason being that some of the sensor graphic changes in OS3 (although awesome and much cooler than they were in OS2) have not worked so well in my case.  For instance, I used the driveway beam sensor in many case because in OS2, this was a very generic looking icon whereas in OS3, this is very specific (a picture of a house with a driveway in front of it).

I opted to use the heat sensor, the water sensor and the pressure sensor in various cases (for generic use cases - e.g. sensing power). My dealer added around 20 of these and I updated programming against all of them.  Before I started, I checked that everything made sense on my iPad.  I then proceeded to do lots of programming against these (essentially copying and changing code from the old sensors).

Unfortunately, when I went to look on a T3, I discovered that the water sensor does not give the right reading on the T3 when the sensor is inverted! It does work on iOS.  So essentially, for my inverted water sensors (I have 6 inverted and 1 not inverted), the iPad displays the correct state and the T3 displays the incorrect state.  Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Is this a known issue that will be fixed soon?

I recall there being a similar issue on certain sensors a couple of years ago and it was eventually fixed!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.