C4 Forums | Control4

JVC RS1000/NX5/7/9 Driver Update?

1 hour ago, chesterwilson said:

Do these ip drivers get updated?  I have the NX7 and it has 4 modes (A, B, C, D) but the current certified driver only has A,B.  

No update that I'm aware of, but as a fellow NX7 owner, I found a solution here.  Drawing on work done by a very knowledgeable guy at the AVS Forums, I have the raw IR Codes for both Anamorphic C and Anamorphic D modes, that I added to the current Driver.  I assigned those to a couple of the numeric buttons on my SR260, and it works perfectly.  I also have the Panamorph DCR Lens, and can now switch back and forth with ease.

I can supply those codes if you'd like.

Don

My oversight - I forgot that the driver you're talking about is IP.  In my project, I'm using an older JVC IR driver, and have tweaked it as needed to get the functionality I need.

So yeah, you'd have to switch drivers to get this working.  I don't know if this will create more problems than it will solve for you.  I had looked for IP codes for the new Anamorphic modes, but wasn't able to find them (and was told by some that they weren't available).

Let me know if you want to pursue the IR driver option.

13 minutes ago, Don Cohen said:

My oversight - I forgot that the driver you're talking about is IP.  In my project, I'm using an older JVC IR driver, and have tweaked it as needed to get the functionality I need.

So yeah, you'd have to switch drivers to get this working.  I don't know if this will create more problems than it will solve for you.  I had looked for IP codes for the new Anamorphic modes, but wasn't able to find them (and was told by some that they weren't available).

Let me know if you want to pursue the IR driver option.

Cool thanks, will cross my fingers they update it, otherwise will probably have to create some presets for C and D.

13 minutes ago, Don Cohen said:

No problem.

I'm guessing you are also using an Anamorphic Lens - if so, which one?  I'm using the DCR Lens, and the picture quality with this and the NX7 is stunning!

Yep, got the Paladin DCR, it's absolutely stunning.  Changing modes is a PITA and like you will be routing through the color buttons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.