C4 Forums | Control4

No available audio sources (except Sonos Favourites) when only a single Sonos speaker in a room

Hi, I have a OS3 system with most audio listening locations connected to either single Sonos wifi speakers or via (line in) to a Sonos Amp (which is connected to a pair of outdoor speakers).

In other locations like media room, family room etc., there are also audio sources available but generally these rooms are used for 'watching' / video sources.

Since the latest Sonos driver update, I have found that from the 'LISTEN' button I can only use Sonos Favourites on the rooms with single sonos wifi speakers in them. However in all other rooms including the Patio with the Sonos Amp (connected via line in) as well as Media for example with a TV in it, I can have all available audio sources visible under the 'LISTEN' button.

Does anyone know of a way (to trick it) in Composer or add a product (i.e. Sonos connect/port?) that would enable ALL available audio sources in the rack to be visible in a C4 room that just has a single Sonos wifi speaker?

Any help would be appreciated.

• NotAControl4Wizard changed the title to No available audio sources (except Sonos Favourites) when only a single Sonos speaker in a room

That's just a limitation of Sonos integration from Sonos now.  Nothing you can do to be able to browse or search Sonos music services.  It's favorites only.  The sonos amp must have an audio feed from the Control4 controller which lets you see all of the control4 music services which you can browse. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.