C4 Forums | Control4

Reavon RS232 Driver; Info Button - Long Press

sigi

Hi

I made a Control4 RS232 driver for the Reavon UBR-X200. All is working fine, but there is the possibility to get a different Menu when you long-press the Info Button on the original remote.

Is there a possibility to simulate the long-press with rs232?

Thanks Sigi

If the protocol supports a separate long-press command, and/or if the protocol supports separate press and release commands for buttons, you should be able to implement it.

If not, probably not.

On the Control4 side, not all buttons support long press, more in 2.10.x+ (I believe) than in previous versions (_END) commands are sent on button releases for some previous press-only buttons.  Info is one of those buttons.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/1/2022 at 6:25 AM, sigi said:

Hi

I made a Control4 RS232 driver for the Reavon UBR-X200. All is working fine, but there is the possibility to get a different Menu when you long-press the Info Button on the original remote.

Is there a possibility to simulate the long-press with rs232?

Thanks Sigi

Any chance you might share your driver?

I've tried building a serial driver in the basic editor but every button press seems to cause the player to turn off 🤪

edit: in case anyone else comes looking, hometheatreguy's driver works great - 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.