C4 Forums | Control4

Verizon Fios Router and Rhapsody

After several hours on the phone with the dealer, control 4 corporate, rhapsody, verizon and actiontec, I am looking for an answer here. For some background, I have an Hc300 system, actiontec router connected by cable, and a TV with receiver connected together. I am able to listen to rhapsody for about 3 minutes before it get stuck requiring me to unplug and replug the Hc-300. After the series of phone calls, I'm fairly convinced that it is a router issue. Per the actiontec tech support, he says they do not support port 80. Per the control 4 corporate, port 80 is common and it likely does not block it. He suggested possibly a new router or net submask it to something else.

Has anyone else had issues with Verizon fios's router and Rhapsody? What is the solution to it?

Thanks!

I have the Verizon FIOS Router and Rhapsody and have not had an issue. I do not have CableTV through FIOS however, only internet, and my router is connected to the Verizon box via ethernet not via coax.

Port 80 is common and should not be blocked.

I have fios, c4 and rhapsody. This I can tell you, the Actiontech router you get with FIOS is junk. There are known issue with nat table overflows as well as some idiosyncrasies associated with it's wireless support and imbeded linux systems (you can check the Sonos support forum and dsl-reports).

This said, your problem may stem from the physical interconnectivity of the devices relative to the actiontech.

Do you know how your devices physically connect to your home network ?

The CraptionTec is not junk. :) Joking aside, you can't go on what you read in forums all the time. I ran Rhap through the mi424wr for a long time and I have done WiFi through it with three clients and Rhap running at the same time.

If you are still worried about this device just throw it into bridge mode and pass it on to your firewall or switch.

I think there is a procedure to follow for those who need the VOD and guide info. I just don't know if it is known-good since I don't buy TV from them. OS's? I'm just a user- WINXP and OS10.4.something. Honest, I've never had to answer to complaints from any of the users here.

Are you or did you exeperience probs with Rhap through the 424? By the way, I'm coming-in over MoCA

^ Two points here.

The issues with the AT router from Verison center around WiFi and enbedded Linux systems. There are also reports of Nat Table overflows. Perhaps this is why you didn't see an issue. This said, this might not be the OP's problem. Can;'t say until we know how he's cabled up.

To VOD and Guide info - if you run back a few posts and look at mine. There's a pdf attachment with the details and pro's and cons of each configuration as it pertains to dismishing/eliminating the AT's role in your network. I'm attaching a summary here.

The router is connected via coax to the fios. The router is then connected via ethernet cable to the HC-300. I do have the triple bundle with phone, TV and FIOS inernet. I hope that helps to explain how it is setup. The pdf looked great, but I'm afraid to make all those changes being that I'm not a network knowledgeable.

Are there any other suggestions? I feel like I'm at a dead end and would love to get the rhapsody. Rhapsody was one of the selling points for the control 4 and now it is not working.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived