C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Media Player

shukic

HELLO

today i notic that my Control4 Media Player is not reading some mkv files , this files can be read in my computer true my nass on my network do anyone known why ?

also, can i conect an hdd drive true the usb port on the Control4 Media Player ? for what thay use for this usb port ?

HELLO

Hello!

today i notic that my Control4 Media Player is not reading some mkv files , this files can be read in my computer true my nass on my network do anyone known why ?

I tried to get some blu-rays to play using MakeMKV - it didn't work. Stuttering and drop-outs. They played fine on my pc in VLC, but thats an unfair comparison. I hear other people have success with MKV but my best luck has been with the Video_TS file structure.

also, can i conect an hdd drive true the usb port on the Control4 Media Player ? for what thay use for this usb port ?

No, I believe this is only for USB upgrade/restore - Matt posted about this a little while back IIRC.

Here it is, straight from the install notes:

"Note: There is no way to play from the USB on the Media Player -- this is due primarily to the fact that there is no way for composer to scan a drive connected to the Media Player, plus there would not be a good way to share that content throughout the home. We recommend an Ethernet connected hard drive (NAS)."

Archived