C4 Forums | Control4

Putting mp3 files on a USB flash drive on HC300/500

Part 1: I'm wanting to move all of my audio files from the original media controller's HD to a 32 Gb flash drive and connect it to my HC300's USB port. Currently the media tab on Composer HE shows the media controller, but nothing for the HC-300. Does anyone know if the system will automatically detect the USB drive and/or how do I add it to media sources so I can scan it?

Part 2: In Windows Explorer, I can naviate my network and find 3 devices, one of which I have mapped a drive to its audio folder (see attached image) to where I can drop mp3 files into, and then scan the media controller in Composer. I have no idea what the other two are for, but attaching a USB flash drive to the HC300 and trying to drop mp3 files into the other 2 devices' media folders does not copy them onto the flash drive (verified using Windows Explorer). So I don't think the HC300 is "seen" on my network, but that might be due to no flash drive being connected to it?

If anyone has experience putting media on their HC 300/500, please forward info on how you're able to add mp3 files to it, and how you're able to get Composer to "see" it in the Media tab. Thanks!

Put the music files on the flash drive while it is connected to a PC on the network. Then when you connect the drive to the HC300, it will show up under media.

Put the media on the drive prior to connecting it to the HC300. Make sure the drive is formatted correctly, FAT32 has worked for me in the past.

Oh yeah, and you ask about anyone with experience putting it on a 300/500. A 500 has an internal HDD just like your old media controller, as does the HC1000. The only controllers that would apply are the HC200 or HC300...the HC500 works just like your media controller.

Just an FYI.

Archived