C4 Forums | Control4

Network File Share Edit Issues

Switching from MyMovies Server based to a NAS connected by the Network File Share driver. I connected to share with a username and password that has edit rights on the share. However when I go to edit media to download the metadata from Gracenotes, I get the following error. I have add/remove driver, reboot controller and delete/recreate share but have the same issue. Has anyone seen this error before. Running Director 2.8.1 on HC800/

• 3 weeks later...

type the EXACT address under location in windows explorer - see if the folder is actually there (13 Hours, then if the .iso is in fact there.

Confirming that, there's two possible option I can see. Either you're using a mismatched composerHE version, or the mm.db file got corrupted. That file would then have to be deleted on the controller and the controller rebooted (it will create a new one automatically. But be warned, doing so WILL dlete any and all movie/stored music/channel data!

The file is in that location. Just wondering if a bug exist with the appending of the "/" after the Network Share location. If I use the following UNC path from anywhere it works:

\\homecloud2\videos\13 Hours\13_Hours.iso  

It could possibly be that the space in the Title may be causing an issue.

Can I perform an smbmount from the Controller to see if it can browse the share location?

In this case, my video player is the Popcorn Hour. When I browse to MyMovies in Director, and select a movie the PopCorn hour starts the movie instantly. So it seems like C4 is sending the correct UNC path to the Popcorn Hour. However I am unable to add Gracenotes info. I plan to install 2.8.2 tonight. Maybe that will fix my issue to include also rebooting the Master Controller.

I can tell you you cannot normally edit movies added via the Collection driver - they are incripted. But from your screenshot, you certainly appear to have a normal path set - I'd have to say I'm unsure at this point what the exact issue may be.

Archived