C4 Forums | Control4

Can't figure out how to change Driver Icons for older system

chrisgar2420

15 minutes ago, chrisgar2420 said:

Does anyone know how to change the original driver icons for certain sources or choices? I have a client on a 2.5.3 system and he wants some icons changed to reflect better what they are, and Im trying to figure out how to do that.

In general - you don't. This ability was introduced at 2.6 for the new c4z driver format.

There IS a way to 'play' with the icons used, but it required editing the driver XML, and limits you to using the existing built-in icons - ie all if the default driver icons, plus a handful of 'others' such as a Wii/PS3/XBox icon and a few generic computer items. So no, a 'dvd' icon cannot be changed to 'bluray' or 'appleTV' etc with this method.

There was at least a way to do some more - not supported by C4, but workable enough - created by Theory AV. I'm unsure if it's still operational tough I expect so, but just google Theory AV blog and look for 4skinz on there (hey I didn't come up with the double entendre name - they did ^_^). Note that I think I remember this option does NOT work on iphone/android apps, but I could be wrong.

Okay I think I remember coming across that site but was a little thrown off on the steps on how to manipulate the icons to not the standard default. I'll have to look into it again and see if I can better understand stand the steps. Client just didn't want a couple of the sources to have DVD icons so I'm trying to see what I could do. Thanks CYknight

Archived