C4 Forums | Control4

3rd Party IP camera driver H264l navigator stream issue

Hi everyone, 

I'm developing a IP camera driver via camera_proxy_template. It's passed the camera test as below:

"Verifying URL ...
URL verified.
Calculating framerate ...
Framerate = 17.4/second
Test passed."

Stream shows on composer but does not show on navigator. I've tried it on IOS and Touch screen. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

H264 don't work, only H264l. 

only change i made other than the modes in driver.xml is the proxy_command.lua

function GET_RTSP_H264_QUERY_STRING(size_x, size_y, delay)
    -- TODO: Add in the URL between the quotes.  Remember there should be no leading /
    -- If the camera has the ability to provide an H264 stream of a particular size then use the size_x and size_y variables in the query.
    local rtspH264QueryString = "tcp/av0_0"

return rtspH264QueryString

I think it's buffering. This is on the IOS control4 app. When I hit the security tab, the thumbnails goes into the IOS wait icon on each camera. It shows the same wait icon if I hit any of the camera. The app would freeze at times. Left it for a couple of minutes but still no image.

If I test it on the composer via double clicking on the camera. There are a few seconds lag as it builds up more frames and then displays camera stream. works on any default resolution. Highest from the template driver is 640x320.

Thanks

no, the zmodo camera only does max 720p. I've tried with lower res as well. VGA via different rtsp string, still the same result. Just wondering if the IOS app and the touchscreen app does only mjpeg by default?

Here's my driver project if you want to have a look at it. It's based on the camera proxy template. The only thing I've changed is modes and the proxy_command function GET_RTSP_H264_QUERY_STRING by adding the rtsp string.

Manufacturer's recommendation for rtsp is as below:

The RTSP address of the main stream (720p) is:

rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:10554/tcp/av0_0

The RTSP address of the sub stream (VGA) is:

rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:10554/tcp/av0_1

zmodo_ipcom_v2.rar

Which happens that it's a 10' T3 screen on 2.9 I'm working on. Which i've discovered don't do ffmpeg as well. I'll have to feed this back to the os team as ffmpeg is more efficient in delivering better quality in smaller data packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived