C4 Forums | Control4

HDMI Matrix Switch 4K UHD - Can one do 60hz 4:4:4

blub

Hi

I am exploring HDMI matrix switches.

The control4 ones look pretty good with 2160p @30hz and 4:2:0 color space.

However because those things are not in the cheap side I want to get as future proof as possible.

So I am asking myself if there is actually a HDMI matrix that supports 2160p @60Hz with 4:4:4 color space and that's compatible with C4.

Anyone with qualified insight and experience on that?

Thx

27 minutes ago, blub said:

Isn't that whatl I said? 2160 @30hz 4:2:0 :-)?

I am looking for 3840x2160p60 4:4:4 - does such a matrix switch exist?

They just completed a reference design for the specs and introduced it at ISE, so I dont expect anything to ship with those capabilities until later this year or early next.

http://www.cepro.com/article/hdbaset_valens_4k_60hz_ul_cable_certification

They just completed a reference design for the specs and introduced it at ISE, so I dont expect anything to ship with those capabilities until later this year or early next.

http://www.cepro.com/article/hdbaset_valens_4k_60hz_ul_cable_certification

OK thx.

That's interesting however I was actually more looking for support that 2160p60 4:4:4 resolution over a direct HDMI connection - or is that supported with the C4 switch, if so I missed that.

1 minute ago, blub said:

OK thx.

That's interesting however I was actually more looking for support that 2160p60 4:4:4 resolution over a direct HDMI connection - or is that supported with the C4 switch, if so I missed that.

How many inputs and outputs do you need? As stated above the Control4 one does 4:2:0, and their new stuff only has 2 local hdmi out - most are rj45 with hdbaset. I dont know of any off hand that will do a traditional 8x8 matrix with 4:4:4 on 4k/60. 

I would only need 3 inputs and 2 outputs.

Is hdbased really that reliable compared to native HDMI wiring?

Do you think a 4:4:4 4K option could be a firmware update, or is that unlikely?

I would only need 3 inputs and 2 outputs.

Is hdbased really that reliable compared to native HDMI wiring?

Do you think a 4:4:4 4K option could be a firmware update, or is that unlikely?

It's not going to be a firmware update. New hardware chips needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

4K@60 4:4:4 can only do 8-bit.

4K@60 4:2:0 can do 10-bit

I'll be impressed if you can tell the difference. Personally, I'll take 10-bit over 8-bit any day. Besides, the new HDMI 2.1 is here; so you can never be future proof.

Ahh, I thought that 4:4:4 is 10bit. So well then the switch should suffice - thx - and no won't tell the difference for now, but maybe on a TV in 10y ;-)

@thecodeman

Is HDbasT reliable enough that you would only pull a Cat7 cable - so no HDMI cable ? - thx

Ahh, I thought that 4:4:4 is 10bit. So well then the switch should suffice - thx - and no won't tell the difference for now, but maybe on a TV in 10y ;-)

@thecodeman

Is HDbasT reliable enough that you would only pull a Cat7 cable - so no HDMI cable ? - thx

Personally I've quit doing hdbt and use just add power for video distribution. But yes, if you pull shielded cat6 or 7 you should be good.

13 minutes ago, thecodeman said:

Personally I've quit doing hdbt and use just add power for video distribution. But yes, if you pull shielded cat6 or 7 you should be good.

Uhh looks interesting. Just when I think I am made up my mind something else pops up...

Could you give a rough estimate what JAP would cost to sent 2 sources to 1 destination ready for 4K?

That be great to deliberate about whether it is an option or not.

4 hours ago, blub said:

Uhh looks interesting. Just when I think I am made up my mind something else pops up...

Could you give a rough estimate what JAP would cost to sent 2 sources to 1 destination ready for 4K?

That be great to deliberate about whether it is an option or not.

You're looking at about $2900 give or take.

Archived