C4 Forums | Control4

How does Mockupancy use a linked security system?

DLite

Question

Hi,

I am using the Mockupancy driver with programming that starts playback when the security system is armed away, and starts recording when the system is disarmed.  However, I wonder if I am overthinking this and can skip the programming.  

I have selected my security system in the Mockupancy driver properties.  Moreover, the driver documentation describes the default behavior as starting to record whenever the selected security system is disarmed and starting playback when armed.  Does this means it starts playback whenever it is armed, or only when it is armed away?  I want to avoid playback during "armed stay" mode, but I am not sure whether that is the default behavior, absent any programming.

Thanks very much for any advice.

1 answer to this question

9 minutes ago, DLite said:

Hi,

I am using the Mockupancy driver with programming that starts playback when the security system is armed away, and starts recording when the system is disarmed.  However, I wonder if I am overthinking this and can skip the programming.  

I have selected my security system in the Mockupancy driver properties.  Moreover, the driver documentation describes the default behavior as starting to record whenever the selected security system is disarmed and starting playback when armed.  Does this means it starts playback whenever it is armed, or only when it is armed away?  I want to avoid playback during "armed stay" mode, but I am not sure whether that is the default behavior, absent any programming.

Thanks very much for any advice.

only when armed away. armed stay remains off.

Archived