C4 Forums | Control4

HUE and flash

I wanted to find out if it is just me..... but the HUE strip lights never really go all the way off when i use C4 to turn them off. I always have go to the HUE app and turn off there too. Also, how to I program the lights to flash if there is an alarm on the security panel until disarmed? Any help with both would be appreciated!

Two methods for turning it off depending on type:

If a 'normal' dimmer (ie not RGB, just 'white' - set the option to 'switch off at zero' to yes (it's there for a reason ;)) - HUE uses different scales making this needed.

For RGB, you'll have to add a on/off (ie switch) driver and trigger that (could add programming along the lines of if brightness is 0%..., personally I just prefer to call it on/off and name the others to clearly indicate they are for brightness/colour).

As for flash - just program a timer (repeating) to start on alarm (and stop on disarm) , and toggle the light every times that timer expires.

14 hours ago, C4Jedi said:

What about the RGB?

Do you mean a flash for RGB?

If you want it flashing through colors, you'd program that timer to change a number variable - be it random or adding 1 up to a full cycle - then program the variable to set the color.

Archived