C4 Forums | Control4

Video Matrix Input sources

atsokolas79

Question

Hello I have a C4 system in my home. I am getting ready to buy a video matrix. I am trying to figure out how many inputs I need 8 or 16.  I am just a homeowner so i'm just trying to do the research and a professional will install.  I like using the forum as a second opinion, there is a lot of great ideas that were tossed my way when I ask questions here. So I have 12 tv locations, and 4 family memebers living here. I am thinking, 4 cable boxes, blue ray, apple Tv, My securuty camera display, the C4 display. thats 8 already.  What other options do I have? I may need a 16 Input then. I dont know what other input options are out there, any suggestions would be great. 

2 answers to this question

Consider this - ignoring the most rare cases, how many different things using the same source do you normally watch? ie how many cable channels, how many appleTVs etc. That would be the basis for starting to determine how many you need...

Switch wise there are more options than 8 or 16, there are 10x10 and 12x12 out there, something you probably need to consider is that you need 12 outputs already.

There's also Just Add Power and Videostorm NETplay, which are modular, allowing you to get 10 sources for 12 tvs now, and adding sources or tv's as time goes by.

Consider this - ignoring the most rare cases, how many different things using the same source do you normally watch? ie how many cable channels, how many appleTVs etc. That would be the basis for starting to determine how many you need...

Switch wise there are more options than 8 or 16, there are 10x10 and 12x12 out there, something you probably need to consider is that you need 12 outputs already.

There's also Just Add Power and Videostorm NETplay, which are modular, allowing you to get 10 sources for 12 tvs now, and adding sources or tv's as time goes by.

Well said. Nothing to add!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived