C4 Forums | Control4

4Sight on 2.5.3

chrisgar2420

Question

My current system in my home is on 2.5.3. I wanted to be able to control my system with some of the apps like myhome control4, but i think i need a license or something for it because when I download the app and try to sign in it won't let me. I heard though there is a 4sight subscription where you can control your house with the app when your home and connected to the wifi and when your not home. I was wondering, if I found someone to buy the subscription from do I need another app or license or just this subscription and this will allow me to sign into the app and control my home? Also is there like a trial or something I can try to see if it something we will end up using regularly or no?

3 answers to this question

There are 2 things needed. You need the ability to control your system while on wifi with the myhone app which requires a device or site license based on the age of your system. Then once you are able to control the system while on wifi, the 4sight subscription lets you connect remotely.

If you arent able to connect while at home your system was purchased before the site license was included in the controller which i think that is your main issue. The rub is i dont think those are even available for purchase and the only way to fix that is to buy a new controller to run director

Correct. Unless you can manage to find a dealer that has a license for purchase (unlikely) yes, it is upgrade time. Either a new EA controller or an ebay HC250 or 800 with a -1 at the end which have the license preloaded if the budget requires

Archived