C4 Forums | Control4

Using vera edge with Composer to control z wave locks

mhawley

I am new to the forum and to control4.  I have had a Control4 system installed in my house and mainly using it for lighting and media control.  I would like to use it to control my schlege zwave locks.  In researching this, it appears the vera controller may be the better option. I have the Composer HE and was able to have my installer add the extra vegetables vera driver to my project.  It seemed to connect and on the LUA page in composer, i could see the driver receiving information from vera.  Since I only have the composer HE version, I am limited in what I can do.  What other items do I need to install to get the composer to recognize the locks using zwave?  I also saw an extra vegetable lock driver.  When I click on the vera driver in the program mode in composer , there are no options or choices.  Do I need to have the door lock driver added to recognize the locks, or are there some other steps to take?

Thanks,

M Hawley

You need the micasa verde zwave door lock relay driver added and the relay connection made to the generic door lock driver that navigator sees. Also dont forget to go into the properties of the zwave driver and put the room and device name so it can pull the vera device id. I have a schalge be468 with vera and it has been great

Thanks for the information.  We set up the EV zwave door lock relay and I have added the device name and tried entering the room name and the room number from the device parameters screen.  There does not seem to be any activity to acquire the device id or driver information.I have used "My Home" for the Section variable as well as "Devices"

Any suggestions to get it connected.  Should I enter a command in the LUA?

• 1 month later...

This is kinda old and not sure if you figured it out.  I just setup a zwave lock through vera.  With any device you're configuring through vera you have to make sure the Section, Room and device names are spelled exactly as they appear in the vera interface. 

You'll then have two drivers per zwave device.  The vera lock driver and then a generic c4 lock driver.  Then in the connections tab you'll connect those two devices and program against the generic c4 device.

If you're entering the section, room and device name and pressing "set" after each one and the device id doesn't auto populate I'd review the spelling and maybe even the capitalization.  

Archived