C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Volume question

I switched out my audio matrix awhile ago..  Sounds plays and everything works, but it is way quieter than before. 

Before I would play on like a 30 and it would be fine now I have to have it at 75 or 80.

Now the strange part.  When I add a zone to what it playing it gets really loud (like what used to be the old 75) for a couple of seconds and then quiet again.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

8 hours ago, dcovach said:

Is this new matrix a used one?  You might have old settings lingering.  Like, what's the max volume setting for each zone of the matrix amp?

Yes it was a used one.

How can I check what the max volume is?

Those are custom set for each specific room so when you set volume at 100% from a nav, you won't blow the roof off the house.  Or worse yet, the speakers. Try adjusting only one room for now and listen for any improvement in gain

Just now, dcovach said:

Those are custom set for each specific room so when you set volume at 100% from a nav, you won't blow the roof off the house.  Or worse yet, the speakers. Try adjusting only one room for now and listen for any improvement in gain

Even dumber question.  Any way to easily know which audio output controls which room.  Would be nice if they were labeled.

Online.  www.control4.com  Owner login, Account, Edit, at the bottom make sure check box is ticked "Allow my system to be serviced and updated remotely by my Dealer..." and then manually type in Covach Construction in the dealer text box.  Click save

Archived