C4 Forums | Control4

WPS-IP-HD app not connecting to C4 cameras

My iPhone WPS-IP-HD app stopped finding my home cameras.  I can see my two cameras through the C4 app however so I know the cameras still work correctly.  In  the WPS-IP-HD I get a red x symbol next to the computer network picture in the NVR screen. Any suggestions to getting my WPS-IP-HD app working again?

You recently purchased a house with an existing Control4 system correct? Did the previous owner leave the router or have you had a new one configured? Sounds like the NVR's ip address has changed. When you pull up the properties of the WPS app what is the ip address listed. If you try to go to that address in a browser does anything come up? If not install fing and scan the network to see if you can locate the new ip address of the NVR. Then log into your router and do a DHCP reservation to make sure the NVR always stays on the same address so you dont have to worry about outages. When setting up the reservation i would attempt to use the address in the WPS app since that was what it was on previously. Also i think the WPS app has a LAN search function that you might be able to use. Just to clarify as well, the C4 system and app is connecting to the cameras but they and the NVR are not C4 devices they are SnapAV

How do I do a joinme/team session?  I’d be willing to do that with someone so I could learn something more about my system.  My service person is very expensive and since my cameras do work I don’t want to pay him just to troubleshoot an app on my iPhone.  My cameras work fine and I can see them in the C4 app. I just can link to them with the NVR app. The NVR app was working until just recently. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived