C4 Forums | Control4

Best ways to program separate audio and video in the same room

9800pro

Hi all,

i need some suggestions how to best handle watching TV and listening to the music at the same time in the same room...
I don't have any specific equipment except TV, it can be whatever is necessary for this to work.
Usually we install AVR with the TVs but with that its hard to watch TV and listen to AM/FM or Internet radio at the same time by using C4 controller only.
It was easier on older AVRs whose AM/FM tuners didn't have OSD GUI. Now every possible thing on AVRs has GUI which automatically pushes to the TV...
With the new Triad One we might go that way. Those 2 extra IR goes a long way...
AVR function as HDMI hub would be replaced with TVs own hdmi inputs.
And most importantly, how to arrange audio-video endpoints in composer so one device (TV or radio) doesn't turn OFF the other one when powered ON or OFF.

Thx

• 1 month later...

You have the option to "WATCH" and "LISTEN". If your room has sources that fall into both then you don't have to do anything. My Son does it all the time; He plays (WATCH) Xbox and Listen to Spotify.

In my setup, I have distributed audio. When he selects listen, the audio is distributed through the C4 Matrix and Amp. 

Archived