C4 Forums | Control4

Activate Lighting Scene

yelkenli

I have set up a lighting scene, and my dealer has set up many.  I see in various scripts the "Activate xxx Lighting Scene". 

However, I do not see any way that I can add such an action to scripts. 

What I know is: in programming, on the Actions pane, choose the object of interest, and under Commands, choose desired actions.  Then drag the green arrow with an action statement to the script. 

I do not see any green arrow in the Advanced Lighting objects. 

Thanks!

My desired program is: when motion sensor senses motion, activate the 'panic' lighting scene.

In Agents, there is a 'panic' advanced lighting scene set up.  It essentially turns on all of the lights and blinks the outside lights

In programming mode, I pull up the room with the motion sensor device, and click on the event 'senses motion'.

On the Actions side of the C4 Composer HE window, I can expand the Advanced lighting section and see the 'panic' scene agent. 

I click on the 'panic' scene.  In the Commands tab, there are the words "There are no commands for the selected item".  In the Conditionals tab, there are some greater than and equals to 1 statements, which do not seem relevant. 

Where else would I look for the 'panic' scene?  Or do I have to add each light in the house to the script, and choose the lighting scene in each light? 

In the scripts that the dealer set up, the script simply has a command 'activate lighting scene'.  It does not have a command for each light in the house. This tells me that the lighting scene manages each light, and calling the scene is all that is needed in the script - the way I would have the system work ...

I agree that this is confusing, but don't click on the + sign beside Advance Lighting, click on the Actual words "Advanced Lighting" to the right of the C4 symbol .  Then in the box in the lower right corner you will see a dropdown box under Commands.  Select the Panic scene from there.

Archived