C4 Forums | Control4

EA5 wont check in

What could be preventing my EA5 from checking in?

It's connected to ethernt and ONLINE, works with all my tablets and remotes, connects to app when on wifi, but I can't connect via LTE and when I open Composer HE, everything is greyed out and the actions window is too.

According to customer portal, my ea5 has not checked in since may 12.  I've restarted the router and ea5 about three times now.

13 hours ago, abovedeck said:

ISP has not changed.  Native music works. 

Just spoke with tech support.  They said your ISP may have performed an update.  Check for SIP ALG settings and disable.  Otherwise, they recommended (you're going to love this) you put your isp modem in bridge mode and deploy a Control4 supported router.  Ouch....  Let me know if the first option works.

4 hours ago, dcovach said:

Just spoke with tech support.  They said your ISP may have performed an update.  Check for SIP ALG settings and disable.  Otherwise, they recommended (you're going to love this) you put your isp modem in bridge mode and deploy a Control4 supported router.  Ouch....  Let me know if the first option works.

Thanks Dan!  I disabled SIP ALG and now I get a new error message code number.  Still no connection off WIFI though.

40 minutes ago, dcovach said:

In the future, this issue could most likely be avoided by upgrading to control4 supported networking gear rather than using the isp modem / router as the networking solution.  

Oh, I've never heard this one before 😎 But this is the first time in three + years that I've had this issue.

What does re registering my ea5 entail?

7 minutes ago, abovedeck said:

Oh, I've never heard this one before 😎 But this is the first time in three + years that I've had this issue.

There's also all the other problems that are introduced because of isp modem/router combo's in a Control4 system.  Tech support loves troubleshooting issues with setups like this.... 😆

6 hours ago, abovedeck said:

Thanks everyone!  Dan walked me through re registering.  All is working now. 

I heard Ubiquiti is hiring Dan, you'd be quite the salesman! hehe

Pakedge all the way... is also what I'm trained to say ;).   I would recommend the Pakege WR1 if you want a simple but reliable router.  I use the RK1 mostly and it's been solid.

Archived