C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee3 Integration

Drake0508

my ecobee has once again stopped responding to C4. This is about the fifth time. What am I doing wrong? It has been one of the most reliable devices I’ve owned. I never dreamed it would be such a pain in the butt. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

19 minutes ago, CFUG said:

Ecobee will show WiFi signal strength under DIAGNOSTICS.  Check that as you won't be able to check status through Composer until that little bug is squashed.

It says connected and 95% signal strength. 

^Well that leg of the trip is fine.  I'm running the C4 driver and have not had a problem.  Maybe try re-pairing??  With Composer down, it's not possible to see the status while the problem is occurring.  Get your dealer involved I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

So I happened to notice that my nest protect shows when it loses power. I was able to track it back and the ecobee integration drops everything we have a quick power outage. My nest thermostat doesn’t lose its connection like the ecobee does. Is there something I can do to keep the ecobee from disconnecting from the driver even power goes out? I live in Florida and it happens often. The IP address and MAC address is the same (if that even matters)

Archived