C4 Forums | Control4

Do I really need an expensive HDMI Switcher?

1 hour ago, timbooo said:

Ok 😊 that would have been my choice for sacrifice that's all. Then everything would be wonderfully simple.

LOL, if things were simple I would have kept my Harmony...

Hehe.

Well anyway, I have installed a similar setup with a Wyrestorm Express (read: their cheap range, probably re-badged ebay fodder) HDMI switcher. Works absolutely fine. Just need to make sure the HDMI switcher you chose has discrete buttons on the remote rather than just a "cycle through" button. Once the driver is made and everything's mapped correctly C4 can do its magic.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:55 AM, rolldog said:

I also have the Hikvision cameras, NVR, and QNAP NAS. Yesterday, I was updating a few things on my QNAP, and I saw where the Hikvision cameras are compatible with QNAP's Surveillance Station 5.1, and, by installing the SDDP app on your QNAP and HD Station in Composer, theoretically you should be able to view all your media on your QNAP, without using having to use Plex, and view your video surveillance. This link is kind of old, but it does show how to integrate the QNAP HD Station with Control4:

I looked into HD station today and, as my luck would have it, my cameras aren’t supported 🙁. I have Northern cameras, which I think are made by Hikvision. I installed HD station today and was not able to add cameras. 

Cameras, however, are connected to NVR, not the POE switch. Think that matters?

Archived