C4 Forums | Control4

Lights problem on Wakeup?

AidenL

Hi all,

I have been trying to do a Bedroom Wakeup to simply:

• Bring on a radio station
  • Bring on bedside lights at a fixed level.

The Media part with the radio works fine, what I cant get right is the lights.

I have a couple of scenes in the Bedroom, and I set up a new one, Bedroom Wakeup, which seems to me to only contain the Bedside lights , BUT it keeps bringing on the Overhead lights at 100% level also every time.

Basically, I just want bedside lights to come on, either low down and ramp up, or Id happily settle for around 50%. How can I get rid of the overhead circuit coming on also?

Thanks in advance.

Wakeup 1.JPG

Wakeup 2.JPG

3 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

I would use the newer Wakeup/Goodnight Agent instead. You can then select what lights you want to included as part of the wakeup and do not need to create a separate lighting scene to activate.

See screenshot below:

Thanks, I'll try that.

Whats the difference in Visible and Enabled?

Is it possible using that to say, have a TV come on about 20 mins after the radio station wakeup?

The Goodnight/Wakeup agent is something that shows up on the C4 GUI/OnScreen Navigator and on T3 touchscreens etc allowing you or the end user/client to enable and disable it as well as edit its settings without requiring Composer to reprogram it. Visible means the component is visible via the GUI and therefore adjustable from the GUI/T3 touchscreen and enabled means that component part of the wakeup configuration is enabled and so will take place. See page 20 of this user guide for example.

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/control4-system/quick-start-guide/latest/control4-system-quick-start-guide-rev-t.pdf

You cannot have more than one wakeup/goodnight agent per room so to set the TV to switch to a TV channel afterwards you would probably need to do this via Scheduler agent and then program it to carry out the necessary actions at whatever time after the WakeUp/Goodnight agent turns the lights and radio on.

25 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

I would use the newer Wakeup/Goodnight Agent instead. You can then select what lights you want to included as part of the wakeup and do not need to create a separate lighting scene to activate.

See screenshot below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z4nfyfmr1iku5n/Screenshot 2018-09-15 12.56.35.png?dl=0

Ok, I tried that, and nothing happened, no radio on, no lights.

Do I need to activate it somewhere like turning on a wakeup in Comfort on the App?

Wakeup 3.JPG

Yes, refresh navigators and Wakeup/Goodnight icon will show up on homepage of onscreen GUI/Navigator for room. You can then enable/disable it from there. Does not show up on app on phone but will on Controller GUI, T3 touchscreens.

Edited: Does not appear on iPad/Tablets, just checked on mine.

Yes, refresh navigators and Wakeup/Goodnight icon will show up on homepage of onscreen GUI/Navigator for room. You can then enable/disable it from there. Does not show up on app on phone but will on Controller GUI, T3 touchscreen and iPads/Tablet devices I think.

I dont have any touchscreens and i cant see it on iPad of the Tv GUI through HDMI.

im on 2.10.1 also? Would that make a difference?

4 minutes ago, AidenL said:

I dont have any touchscreens and i cant see it on iPad of the Tv GUI through HDMI.

im on 2.10.1 also? Would that make a difference?

I think it only shows up on T3 touchscreens, and the HDMI GUI output from controllers. Do you have an EA1 behind the TV in that room?

I think it only shows up on T3 touchscreens, and the HDMI GUI output from controllers. Do you have an EA1 behind the TV in that room?

No, it’s a HC 800 , one only centrally.

Seems I best use the old Wakeups then?

This is what I’m seeing on the tv.

A8E1EE06-AAFA-47D6-9B52-F8821578FFED.jpeg

Found this in another thread:

The Wakeup/Goodnight agent is available on T3 touch screens and through the On-Screen Navigator on EA controllers. The new agent also supports V2 touch screens and HC-800/HC-250 On-Screen Navigators, but with UI elements from the existing Flash-based Hospitality interface.

Looks like you have to go back through the older interface via Comfort Icon but should still get the new functionality.

8 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

Are the lights set to enable?

Ok, it just worked there now, lights came on , as did the radio. 

The only disadvantage to it, is that its same time every day, and Id need to change it on the tv GUI.

If I could get the old style wakeups to not bring the overhead light on, it would be better as I could then vary wakeup times on the Phone app. 

Just create the old style wakeup and only include the Radio station selection, no lights. Then in programming I would program off the wakeup activating and tell it to set just set the bedside lights to whatever you want.

Similar to this which I just created on my own system to illustrate:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0do29ymakmo4th/Screenshot 2018-09-15 16.36.43.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/totk8wsfx367iaf/Screenshot 2018-09-15 16.37.32.png?dl=0

5 minutes ago, Crustyloafer said:

Just create the old style wakeup and only include the Radio station selection, no lights. Then in programming I would program off the wakeup activating and tell it to set just set the bedside lights to whatever you want.

Similar to this which I just created on my own system to illustrate:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0do29ymakmo4th/Screenshot 2018-09-15 16.36.43.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/totk8wsfx367iaf/Screenshot 2018-09-15 16.37.32.png?dl=0

That worked perfectly !

Thank you very much for your help with this. 

Archived