C4 Forums | Control4

Tired of Control pad blinking

I have replaced control pad that only controls outside lights, so no overload. 2 switches 8 led on each switch. Every time I get one fixed the other goes out. Can I just put regular power switches in and switch the night lights on. My control 4 system has had 3 battery burn outs, inside house, several behind tv "boxes" go out. To the point I called Oncor and they came out to check the meter...fine. Problem does not start until you get to control 4 box.

need to know more about what the specific model of lighting device that is failing. In 5 years ive never had a new switch fail unless the electrical was done improperly.  Have you had another dealer come out to review the system. Unfortunatly sounds like its all related to poor install quality.

It was installed by Green Electronics. They are the control4 dealer in Rockwall. They installed it. Today I had a regular electrician open the switch box and wires were frayed. The were stuffed in the box so tight that they work before you stuff them all back in but as soon as you have to work to get them in that small double switch box they go out. Do you know if I can just have him put in regular switch and I will turn it on myself each night. Seems ridiculous after the amount I paid them but at least I would have up lights on nights I had guests.

3 hours ago, patricialabar said:

It was installed by Green Electronics. They are the control4 dealer in Rockwall. They installed it. Today I had a regular electrician open the switch box and wires were frayed. The were stuffed in the box so tight that they work before you stuff them all back in but as soon as you have to work to get them in that small double switch box they go out. Do you know if I can just have him put in regular switch and I will turn it on myself each night. Seems ridiculous after the amount I paid them but at least I would have up lights on nights I had guests.

it sounds like it's fixed now?  So why would you do that?

But yeah, i mean you can install regular light switches...

Archived