C4 Forums | Control4

Serial Driver for Samsung 3D LED TV UN55C7000 ?

Does anyone have a serial driver created for the Samsung 3D LED TV UN55C7000 ?

The online database only has the IR driver

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the Samsung UN55C7000 does not have a serial (RS-232) port. You have to use CEC, which you cant with C4, or IR.

. . .but on the Technical specs on samsung.com

it says RS232C (AV CONTROL) = 1

Where are you reading that information? I read the specs on Samsungs Site and it does not list an RS232 port. Below is a screen shot of the Tech specs.

UN55C7000.png

It has AnyNet+ (HDMI-CEC), which I mentioned is one of the ways to control the display, and IR. It also has a LAN port but you can not control the Samsung over ethernet.

Here is a LINK to the PDF of the Tech Specs for the Samsung UN55C7000.

I think you can control samsung via ethernet.

(there is app for iphone to do it).

Also I am building LAN driver for samsung LED to control it via ethernet, have even received generic driver from C4.

It is my understanding that Samsung does not read from th RS232 port until the power to the tv is on. I know this was the case in older models, rendering the port only valuable for service.

It is my understanding that Samsung does not read from th RS232 port until the power to the tv is on. I know this was the case in older models, rendering the port only valuable for service.

I'm pretty sure we're referring to IP control here Bryan....although that is good to know about the RS-232 port.

EDIT: Typo.

It is my understanding that Samsung does not read from th RS232 port until the power to the tv is on. I know this was the case in older models' date=' rendering the port only valuable for service.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure we're referring to IP controler here Bryan....although that is good to know about the RS-232 port.

The OP was asking about a serial driver though.

Archived